December 15, 2010

Faculty and Students

There's an important distinction that needs to be made within Kaust: the administration has been awful while the faculty and students have been wonderful.  The virtues of the faculty and students are what have made this whole thing worth it.  I leave with a great education and I have met some great people.

I offer the highest compliments to the Applied Math program.  In my year and half of work under some very highly respected professors, I have gained so much knowledge that even my undergraduate self seems childish in comparison.  It has made me not just a better mathematician, but a formidable learner.  After what I have accomplished in the classrooms here, I feel there is nothing that my mind cannot handle.

I also have to acknowledge the student body, in particular the friends that I have made along the way.  It's been fun.  In spite of everything gone wrong, it really has been a blast.  The sleepless nights in the library would have been miserable to do alone.  Instead, those were the times where I laughed the most.  I don't know what I would have done without my friends here.

1 comment: